In this chapter we will learn how to configure Libre Thermostat.
Press the name area to bring up the screen to customize the device name.
Libre Remote is not a load device, so it is not required to assign an icon to it.
Read “Device Name & Icon” for more details.
Libre Thermostat features:
- Supports up to 2 stages of cooling, 2 stages of heating and 2 stages of auxiliary heating
- Supports conventional cooling/heating units as well as heat pump units
- Supports humidifiers, both steam and evaporative
Press the “CONFIG” button, customization screen will show up.
- Hardware Version
- Device Enabled - If a device is disabled, the device can NOT be controlled locally. However, the device can still be controlled remotely through linked devices or smartphones. This will protect devices in public from being controlled.
- Humidity Calibration % - Adjust the humidity sensor reading by up to ±10%
- Temperature Calibration - Adjust the temperature sensor reading by up to ±10°C. Note the unit is in Celsius!
- Min Setpoint Deadband °C - Minimum difference between desired cool and heat setpoints in Auto mode. The user will not be able to adjust the temperature range in Auto mode below this value.
- Min Off Time (Minutes) - The amount of time the compressor remains off between cycles.
- Min On-Time (Minutes) - The minimum amount of time the compressor will stay on.
- Maintenance Band °C - The minimum temperature differential to keep the unit running. For example, if the heat setpoint is set to 19°C, heating will start when the temperature drops below 19°C. If Maintenance Band is 1°C, the heating will keep running until the temperature rises to 19+1=20°C.
- Dissipation Time (Seconds) - The amount of time the fan will continue to run once the heat/cooling is turned off. Running the fan after a call will expel any heated/cooled air remaining in the ducts and circulate it through your home.
- Stage 1 Temp Delta °C - The minimum number of degrees from the desired temperature (setpoint) to keep the stage 1 running. For example, if the heat setpoint is set to 19°C and Stage 1 Temp Delta is 0.5°C, as long as the temperature stays above 19-0.5=18.5°C, the stage 1 will keep running. In that case, the unit will never switch to stage 2 even if Stage 1 Max Runtime is reached.
- Stage 1 Max Runtime (minutes) - The maximum number of minutes running stage 1 before engaging the second stage. Note, Stage 1 Temp Delta can override this time, as long as the temperature stays within Stage 1 Temp Delta range, it will NEVER switch to stage 2.
- Stage 2 Temp Delta °C - The minimum number of degrees from the desired temperature (setpoint) before engaging the second stage. Note once this temperature delta is reached, the unit will immediately switch to stage 2, regardless of whether Stage 1 Max Runtime is reached.
Follow the links below: