Liberty-IoT-OS and Liberty App Engine is the one and only logically complete IoT system.
A logically complete IoT system gives users complete control to use any possible algorithm over devices.
While algorithms do still need to be programmed, Liberty App Engine is designed in a way that user can use any possible algorithm without doing any programming. Our design completely separated developers from users. As long as developers built the App, users can just use the App in the most intuitive way (configure the App through a user interface on smartphone).
- User must be administrator of the Liberty IoT Hub
- User must be able to manage the Liberty IoT Hub from Smart-Phone
- User has a computer with web browser, keyboard and mouse
Login on to Liberty IoT Hub
Note for security reason, user can only log on to Liberty IoT Hub from local network.
Follow the steps in Accessing Development Platform to log on to Liberty IoT Hub.
Liberty-IoT Studio IDE
Liberty-IoT Studio IDE is simple and intuitive.
Navigation Panel is located on the left side. It is a simple tree menu.
Development related features are under “App Engine”. There are four sub-menus, “Accounts”, “Applications”, “Tasks” and “Develop”.
Every developer is required to create an account on Hub (and on Libre Network as well, if one wants to publish his/her work). For more information please read chapter Developer Account.
Application browser helps user explore all applications installed on the Hub.
Each application is also called a “package”. Application (package) is a collection of functions.
Function can be used to create “Tasks”.
The application UI enables user to navigate through every application and function, and view details of each function, including input structure and UI translation.
User Can manage Applications:
- Add - Adding application from Libre App Store
- Disable - Disable all tasks based on this App
- Remove - Remove application (including all versions), all Tasks based on application will be removed
- History - View historical versions of the application (version control)
User can also make contributions to an Application:
- Edit - Edit the application UI strings (make improvement)
- Translate - Translate the UI strings to a different language
Screenshot of Development UI is shown in Chapter Above.
The Left Panel (Application Explorer)
The left panel lists all Applications installed on the Liberty IoT Hub. Double clicking the application will open the source code editor to view the code.
Clicking “Add” button on the top tool-bar will prompt a UI for user to create a new Application.
The “Manage” menu has options below:
- Disable - Disable all tasks based on this application (all versions)
- Remove - Remove the Application from Liberty IoT Hub (and all tasks based on it)
- History - View all historical version of this application (and view source code of any version)
- Clone - Clone the application, with all translations, to a difference name (developer name can be different, too)
The Right Panel (Source Code Editor)
The right panel hosts source editors. User can switch code in tabs.
The “Developer” menu has following options:
- New Script - Create a new Application
- Checkout & Edit - If the application is not in development mode, checkout the code to edit
- Save - Force saving the code. Note the code is automatically saved to Hub. So usually there is no need to manually save
- Commit Snapshot - Save a snapshot version of the code to the version control
- Discard Changes - Discard all current code
- Deploy - Deploy the code to Hub for test run
- Publish - Publish the code to Libre App Store